Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Sean

This is not going to be much about Sean but I wanted to wish him a happy birthday.

We went camping this past weekend and we had a blast. This is our first time camping without the couple who got us started on camping in the first place and it was perfect (not because they were not there). We were on primitive sites and I was really worried about that but I did not miss electricity one bit. We cooked over the fire, used flashlights and charged Tyler's portable DVD player in the car (we can't live with out that). I truly had a great time. I wish the bathrooms were closer though they do rate a high 8 on my scale for the best camp bathrooms. I think next time we may bring a portable toilet for the kids to use, since they have to pee every five seconds. LOL

So Sean got home on Friday and had to go back to work Monday night, so I felt like we were on borrowed time. Then today on the way home from camping I told Sean I was sorry for the crappy birthday and having to rush home so he could rush back to work. He said, with no sarcasm in his voice, that it was a wonderful birthday and he had a great weekend. I'm grateful that he and our whole family is so easy going and that we find joy in the little moments we spend together. Life is indeed to short to sweat the small stuff and I think we took a big step in that direction this week. I pray that we spend the rest of our lives enjoying the little wonders.

No comments:

Post a Comment