Tuesday, May 26, 2009

FPU Week 3

I'm a little late on posting this but it was a crazy weekend. We totally blew our budget this weekend with camping and while I am still rationalizing it I feel guilty. This week is our new start. I am working on our zero-based based budget and while it's hard to spend every cent we have on paper before the month starts it's a real eye opener. I feel like I am in control for the first time, and that we are not drifting with our bank balance and hoping we stay out of the red. I am telling my money where to go and I will be checking to make sure it goes there. Every week I will be allocating our money to make sure the job is getting done. I have never thought of money like this before but like they say, when you fail to plan, you plan to fail. I am so grateful I am taking this class. I know this stuff is common sense but for some reason I never got it before now. This is more of that grown up stuff I have been hiding from, and I'm pretty happy I have faced this reality.

God Bless

2 comments:

  1. Make to budget for father's day weekend.$25( it is a per family fee) a night for the site, and we cannot bring firewood so we will have to buy it( which is stupid, hello we live in the same area we are not bringing in other species). I have had to add it into our budget I am putting it away a little at a time so it does not affect our bills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how many nites are we staying again? Just friday and saturday right.

    ReplyDelete